Monday, July 26, 2010

Clips for Transitions or Breaks

I love YouTube! My students get a kick out the this one



Clips from YouTube or TeacherTube provide great resources to use in the classroom. I use this one to get students' attention at the beginning of class. I found this and other short clips to be most effective during transitions in the classroom. It helps bring students' attention back to focus. As soon as the clip is over, we have a good laugh then move on to the next class activity. It also serves as a good break during long block-schedule class periods.

5 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Why is it that students get such a kick out of watching clips like this? This is great because the clip is short and you definitely have their attention when it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! It is a great way to get your students attention to begin focusing on math. I want to share it with my interns in 5th and 6th grade. I know they would love it!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that. I think it is a great transition idea for kids. I will have to look up a few. We can't get onto You-tube at school, but I could download some at home. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea to refocus students. I am always looking for good ideas. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I visited your blog. This video was worth it! What a great idea to put Videos for Youtube on your blog, students and parents would eat it up.

    ReplyDelete